Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A few more firsts.....

I'm crawling, a little!

So this isn't an action shot, but yesterday Madelyn crawled for the first time. She has been rolling, squirming, scooting, and just about anything she can do to get from point A to point B. I have been waiting for this. She finally got in the right position and took off for 5 steps/moves. I am not sure what you call the steps of crawling. She didn't crawl much today, but she will get there. She is getting around the house that is for sure. She stood up in the crib last week and we finally lowered the mattress. Yesterday was a busy day for her, she also started saying Da-da-da-da. She will say it and wave because she knows Dan has gone to work. I love it! I was pretty sure "mommy" would be her first word. Oh well! There are moments when it sounds like she says bye, bye. I guess saying mommy just isn't a priority, oh so sad.


I had to share this photo because Madelyn has been doing this a lot lately. Getting up on her toes. I think she really wants to skip crawling and just start walking! Oh, more news.... she has her first tooth coming in. On the 9th my aunt and I were discussing teething. Just as I told her I haven't been able to feel a tooth, she said it looks like Madelyn has one now! What do you know, she has one coming in. This would explain the moodiness and sudden outbursts from pain. Any teething advice is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment