Sunday, March 7, 2010

A week with Madelyn

So....I have neglected this blog. The busier I get with Madelyn and the bigger my tummy gets with our growing baby, the less time I devote to our blog. I can't believe Maddy is 18 months old. Trust me there are days I feel like we have reached the "terrible twos." No matter what, each moment is to be treasured! The time goes by much too quickly!
I was just telling my mom how I wished I could capture each and every second with Madelyn on video or have the ability to write about every little thing she does. I have never been very consistent in keeping a journal. Her personality changes constantly. She stores away all the things she has learned over the past 18 months and is always eager to learn something new. I know some of you think I may fib about all the things Maddy can do. She really can, I promise. Why is it they do not perform when you ask? She says so many words now I have lost count. "9" is her favorite number. We aren't sure why she skipped the first 8. She has a love for books that I hope will endure. The word "book" was popular for about 10 months and now, thanks to mommy, every book is a "Biiii" for Bible. We have been teaching her about the Bible and now she thinks every book is a Bible. Ummm, not too sure how to correct that one. Maddy loves her baby dolls and takes such good care of them. I hope this means she will be extra sweet and helpful when the new baby arrives! Each day is busy and exciting and I wouldn't trade one minute that I have been able to spend with my daughter.
I could go on and on, but you will just have to come for a visit if you want to know more about our precious little girl. She is forever changing and hopefully growing to know and understand all that God has planned for her.

Bath time! She loves this doll....it's made to get wet.



Each day ends with a nice bath. Madelyn would stay in all night if we let her.



Sitting on her big girl bed is fun! We will make the transition some time soon.



She loves to spend time in her room reading and playing......wondering why I am bothering her during alone time.



She is growing up!



Taking care of all dolls and stuffed animals is a priority. The pink bear needed a drink of water.



Ok..so I don't always pay attention! She loves to write her name, "Maddd." This time it was on her leg and not the paper.



Maddy's friend across the street let her borrow his Thomas book. I will have to send it back when she isn't watching. This book makes all sorts of sounds! Wow!



Clapping! We celebrate all accomplishments with a clap and YEAH!!!



She has two doll strollers and enjoys sitting in them. Why she doesn't like to sit in her own stroller is a mystery.



Purses are Maddy's new thing. She says, "let's go" and "bye!"



I just think our little girl is the sweetest. She has rosy cheeks like mommy's family and beautiful hazel eyes like her daddy.



This is the "I'm happy because I got what I want" look. She likes chips!


2 comments:

  1. I miss that sweet girl. She is such a doll. You're such a great mommy, April. I love hearing you 'speak' of your child in a loving way. Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to blog. We do not take it for granted because we know the effort it requires from a busy mommy...but we are thankful! We miss you so much and it is a big treat to sit down and look at new pics. We are thrilled for the upcoming visit and practicing with Lawrence to say "Maddy!" Love Love : )

    ReplyDelete