On April 25th Madelyn celebrated 8 months of life and we enjoyed another day of swimming. Who knows, she may swim before she crawls! I can't get over how much she has changed in such a short period of time......just can't say it enough. Dan and I are very proud parents. We have our challenging days, but it is all worth it. Having a child really helps you to better understand the meaning of Christ's unconditional love. She has her fussy moments that I like to relate to teething (still no teeth).
The past month has been a busy one for milestones. Madelyn loves to watch her "Your Baby Can Read" video. We will let you all know when she begins reading. Earlier in the month she discovered a new trick, waving. She waves at everyone and everything, toys included. She loves to watch other children playing and of course loves any attention they are willing to give. She laughs really hard when you tickle her under her neck. It is hilarious! On the 18th Madelyn sat up on her own while lying down. She loves to sit up. She is pulling herself up, trying to stand. On more than one occasion I have found her sitting up in the crib. We really need to lower the mattress before she decides to stand up in the bed.
She isn't due for another appointment with the pediatrician until next month so Dan and I weighed her ourselves. She is about 20lbs. I was almost certain she would be about 25 or so. It may just be that I am out of shape! Well, that about sums it up for now. Hope you enjoy the photos. Oh, thanks Nana Lee for the little swimmers. They work a lot better than diapers in the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment